wi-Q is a cloud-based mobile ordering platform (Platform) that allows you to: (i) access a trader’s menu; (ii) order food and drinks; and (iii) pay for your order using a selection of payment methods, all using your mobile device, without the need to download an app.
This Cookies Policy explains: (i) what cookies are; (ii) what cookies we use and why; and (iii) how you can manage your cookies on our website (www.wi-q.com) (Website). Where any information we collect through cookies on our Website constitutes personal data, our Privacy Notice (available here [https://www.wi-q.com/privacy-policy/]) applies to the collection and use of that data.
This Cookies Policy only applies when you access and use our Website. We have a separate privacy notice and cookies policy for when you use our Platform which you can access here [https://wi-qhotel.wi-q.com/terms_conditions].
Updated: 21 October 2020
- What are cookies? Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that are stored on your computer or mobile device. They help us distinguish you from other users of our Platform and to improve your user experience and our service.
- What cookies do we use and why? We use the following cookies:
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to improve the functionality of our Website, for example to remember your cookies choices or to ensure that the Website is displayed in your chosen language.
You can find out more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Cookie||Description and Purpose||Type||Expiry|
|These cookies are used to remember your choice about cookies on the Website. Where you have previously indicated a preference, your preference will be stored using these cookies.||Functionality cookie||Six months|
|googletrans||This cookie is used to remember your chosen language for the Website.||Functionality cookie||End of session|
|cfduid||This cookie is used to identify individual clients of wi-Q behind a shared internet protocol address so that we can apply security settings on a client-by-client basis.||Performance cookie||Four weeks|
- Third party cookies. In common with most websites, wi-Q uses certain third party cookies to capture certain information about its Website’s use, including:
- Analytics cookies: wi-Q uses these (namely Google Analytics) to distinguish between users and understand how the Website is being used. These measure the number of visitors and tell wi-Q how users navigate the Website; and
- YouTube: to play video content imbedded on the Website, YouTube set analytics cookies to measure performance.
- How you can manage your cookies. When you first access the Website, you will be given the option to accept or reject functionality, performance and third party cookies which you can also do on your settings page [https://www.wi-q.com/privacy-policy/].
You can also refuse our use of all cookies, including cookies that are necessary to be remembered by specific services of our Website, simply by adjusting your browser settings. Blocking cookies in specific browsers:
- Enable or disable cookies– Accounts Help (Google)
- Block or allow cookies– (Windows – Microsoft)
- Enable and disable cookies that websites use to track your preferences(Firefox)
- Safari web settings on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch(Safari)
- Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On (Google)
Information regarding cookie settings on other browsers is easily accessible via a simple web search. If you are having problems however, please contact us.
For general information about cookies and how to disable them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.